GloFish® fluorescent fish are beautiful and unique fish that were originally bred to help detect environmental pollutants. It was only recently that scientists realized the public’s interest in sharing the benefits of this research. They are safe for the environment and make wonderful pets for new hobbyists and experienced enthusiasts alike. To help address some common curiosities about GloFish® fluorescent fish, please visit our GloFish® FAQ page. For more in depth scientific information, please use the links below to find information on the following topics:
- Fluorescent Fish Data & Research
- Federal & State Agency Reviews
- Reviews by Independent Experts
- General Zebra Fish Background Data
- Fluorescent Fish as Pollution Monitors
- Fluorescent Fish in Biomedical Research
For science related FAQs, please visit the GloFish® Science section of our GloFish® FAQ page.