GloFish® Marketing Associate
GloFish are the only mass-marketed biotech consumer product in the world. GloFish® fluorescent fish add an alluring array of brilliant colors to any freshwater fish tank. GloFish are NOT injected with dyes and are NOT painted. They are born with their stunning fluorescent colors, just like many species of saltwater fish and sea coral.
Today, GloFish are marketed and sold in thousands of leading stores in the US, including PetSmart, PetCo and Walmart. In addition to the GloFish fluorescent fish, the product assortment marketed under the GloFish brand includes a wide variety of aquarium kits, ornamental décor, and fish care products manufactured and distributed by the leading pet care company in the world under a license from GloFish.
Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Yorktown Technologies, L.P., the creator of GloFish fluorescent fish, is looking for a Marketing Associate to join an innovative, highly driven, entrepreneurial company. In coordination with senior management, this person will be responsible for assisting with the execution of the company’s marketing and brand strategy.
The individual we are looking for will report directly to the Chief Marketing Officer and will support all day-to-day marketing activities. The successful candidate is unquestionably an “A player” with an impressive track record of success as a marketing professional. Primary responsibilities include building the GloFish brand through customer outreach, assisting with retail promotions, and supporting consumer engagement initiatives.
Required Skills or Attributes:
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Intelligent problem solver
- Big picture thinker
- Strong attention to detail
- Unwavering integrity
- Positive attitude
- Call on retail stores and wholesalers each week to inquire about GloFish sales, explore opportunities to improve sales, and provide marketing support.
- Assist with development of exciting new marketing programs and retail promotions that drive sales and grow the brand. Write program briefs to outline details and success criteria. Manage and address all project-related needs.
- Document marketing program outcomes and capture key learnings.
- Lead consumer engagement activity for the company, including social media, consumer relations & support, web site content management, consumer direct email campaigns, and loyalty programs.
- Work with marketing partners to execute programs, including licensees, retailers, agencies, and internal stakeholders.
- Bachelors degree, ideally in business administration, marketing or advertising
- At least 2 years experience in marketing
- Interest in brand management and customer support
- Expertise with social media marketing
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint & Word
To be considered for this position, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
We look forward to hearing from you!