Rules and Regulations – GloFish® 2016 Sweepstakes
These Rules and Regulations supersede the GloFish® 2014 Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations posted on November 12, 2014
Throughout 2016, GloFish® will hold random drawings for prizes including, but not limited to, GloFish® puzzles, tote bags, aquarium kits etc. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES.
How to Enter
To qualify, you simply need to “Like”, “Share”, or comment upon the posting(s) that announce the Sweepstakes. For certain Sweepstakes, you may also enter by registering your email for the GloFish® newsletter. The precise means of entry will be specified in the Facebook posting announcing the Sweepstakes. You can also send a Message to GloFish via our Facebook page asking to be entered in a particular Sweepstakes.
While we encourage you to “Like” our Facebook page, doing so will not enter you in the Sweepstakes. You must “Like” the posting announcing the Sweepstakes, “Share” the posting announcing the Sweepstakes, comment on that posting or, for certain sweepstakes, register your email for the GloFish newsletter. You may enter the Sweepstakes more than once via a “Like”, “Share”, or a comment on the same post. You are welcome to comment on a post as often as you like but you will only be qualified for the Sweepstakes once for commenting. For certain Sweepstakes, a third entry may be obtained by registering your email for the GloFish newsletter. Individuals under the age of 13 are not allowed to participate in the Sweepstakes via Facebook.
If you enter the Sweepstakes you acknowledge that you:
- completely release Facebook by entering the Sweepstakes
- have read the full Sweepstakes Rules & Regulations posted at www.GloFish.com
- understand the Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook
How to Opt-Out
Meeting the above criteria, you will be automatically entered in the drawing. If you want to opt out, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of SWEEPSTAKES OPT OUT. You cannot opt-out by posting a comment to the Facebook page of GloFish® or sending a Facebook Message.
The GloFish® 2016 Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) is sponsored by GloFish® and Yorktown Technologies (“GloFish” or “Sponsor”) and Sponsor is solely responsible for conducting the Sweepstakes and for awarding the prizes. If you have any questions after reading through this, please send an email to email@example.com.
- NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THE SWEEPSTAKES
- You are responsible for any costs of participating, including online access charges.
- If you opt out and later decide you want to be entered in the drawing, notify firstname.lastname@example.org with a Subject line of: RESCIND MY SWEEPSTAKES OPT OUT. If you meet all eligibility requirements, you will be re-entered in the Sweepstakes from the date you notify us.
Sweepstakes Eligibility Requirements
Who is Eligible
- Individuals under the age of 13 are not eligible to enter the Sweepstakes.
- Employees of Yorktown Technologies are not eligible.
- Prizes will be shipped only within the United States and Puerto Rico.
Date of Eligibility
- Participants will become eligible for drawings upon the date on which they “Like” the posting announcing the Sweepstakes, “Share” the posting announcing the Sweepstakes, comment on that posting or the date they register for the GloFish newsletter up to and including 5:00 p.m. Central Time on the day the Sweepstakes ends.
- Prizes will be announced at the time of posting the Sweepstakes and will include, but not be limited to, GloFish® puzzles, tote bags, aquarium kits etc.
- Winner shall be responsible for any and all applicable taxes.
Dates of Drawings
- The drawings will take place at 12:00 noon Central Time on the business day following the conclusion of that Sweepstakes, or as soon as commercially reasonable at the discretion of GloFish®.
Selection of Winners
- Winners will be determined by random drawing from all individuals who meet these Sweepstakes Eligibility Requirements.
- An individual can only win ONE (1) drawing.
Announcements of Winners
- The names of each Winner may be posted to the GloFish® website and will be posted to the Facebook page of GloFish® no later than seven days after each drawing.
Notification of Winners
- Winner(s) names will be posted on the GloFish Facebook page for at least seven days unless a Winner requests that their name be removed.
- Winner(s) must notify GloFish indicating that they are accepting the prize.
- GloFish may be reached by email at email@example.com or by Facebook message.
Granting of Sweepstakes Prize
- Sweepstakes prizes will be mailed to the address provided by each Winner when notified they have won.
- Any prize that remains unclaimed after thirty (30) days will remain the property of GloFish®.
Sweepstakes is void where prohibited. All federal, state, and local laws and regulations apply. Subject to any governmental approval that may be required, Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify Sweepstakes in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct.
- Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing will be determined by the number of eligible entries received.
- Other conditions. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, legal or other advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions including, but not limited to, a Member’s ability to update their Profile; (c) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (e) any injuries losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Sweepstakes, acceptance, possession or use of the name “GloFish® Sweepstakes”, or from participation in the Sweepstakes; or (f) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Sweepstakes.
- Publicity (Permissions). Winners of the Sweepstakes drawings (“Winner” or “Winners”) grant GloFish® permission to announce their names as part of its notification to participants. Winners will not receive any further compensation for use of this information.
- Publicity (Rights). Winners of the Sweepstakes (“Winner” or “Winners”) grant GloFish® the right to publicize photos of either themselves or other GloFish®-related images. Winners will not receive any compensation for use of this information and all images will become the property of GloFish® and Yorktown Technologies.
- Disclosure of Winner. Winners may be disclosed at www.GloFish.com and will be disclosed on our Facebook page. For a list of Winner’s name(s), send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Winner’s name(s) will be provided except where local, state or other laws preclude Sponsor from doing so.
- Indemnification. You agree to release and hold Sponsor, its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal or other advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of the name “GloFish® 2015 Sweepstakes” and related names, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
- Resolution of disputes. Except where prohibited by law, as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes you agree that (a) any and all disputes and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Sweepstakes or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by final and binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association and held at the AAA regional office nearest Austin, Texas; (b) the Federal Arbitration Act will govern the interpretation, enforcement and all proceedings at such arbitration; and (c) judgment upon such arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. Under no circumstances will you be permitted to obtain awards for, and you hereby waive all rights to claim, punitive, incidental or consequential damages, or any other damages, including attorneys’ fees, other than your actual out-of-pocket expenses, and you further waive all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
- Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Rules and Regulations, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of Texas.
- Fraud. Any individual who is found to have created multiple Facebook profiles and entered the Sweepstakes using multiple identities will be immediately disqualified and no longer eligible for participation in the Sweepstakes in any capacity.
Each Sweepstakes drawing will be monitored and certified by the Chief Financial Officer or Chief Marketing Officer of GloFish®.